Weighting agent plays a critical role in stable emulsion preparation. A weighting agent is a substance with a relatively higher density than the oil and is soluble in it. In the 1970s, BVO (brominated vegetable oil) was the ideal weighting agent but now it is restricted in use due to alleged health hazard. Now, the more common weighting agents used are ester gums and sucrose acetate isobutyrate (SAIB).
SAIB is used in flavour emulsion, premixes and syrups to produce carbonated or noncarbonated citrus beverages. It can also be added to beverages formulated with artificial sweeteners, sports drinks and nutritional drinks.
Some advantages of choosing SAIB over other weighting agents:
- High purity
- Flavourless and odourless at typical beverage levels
- Readily soluble in flavouring oil
- Regulated at higher use levels than BVOs and ester gum
There are 4 types of SAIB products available:
- Sustane SAIB, food grade, kosher
- Sustane SAIB CO, food grade, kosher
- Sustane SAIB ET-10, food grade, kosher
- Sustane SAIB MCT, food grade, kosher
Solvent-based resins, especially the high solids ones, are still the choice of coating formulators when robust performance requirements and application conditions could vary widely. Suitable for a variety of substrates, our solvent-based resins could be used in myriad applications such as automotive refinishes, plastic and wood coatings, protective and maintenance coatings, industrial coatings, as well as can and coil coatings.
- Saturated Polyester Resins
- Acrylic Polyols
- Thermoplastic Acrylic Resins
- Alkyd and Modified Alkyd Resins